The Parks

Monday, January 10, 2011

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire CHECK

Thanks to the amazing Kristina, I was able to cross off yet another song from my list on New Years Eve:

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,

Jack Frost nipping on your nose,

Yuletide carols being sung by a choir,

And folks dressed up like Eskimos.

So Jack Frost was not nipping at our nose (it was 60 degress), the only Yuletide carols being sung were get crunk by Phil and Brettm, someone could have been dressed up like an Eskimo in the summer.  However I was able to live out the only line of the song I wanted too....that right we roasted some Chestnuts on an open fire.

Before that day I had no idea what a Chestnut was or how the heck we were going to roast it on a open fire, but thanks to the annual Christmas Tree bonfire and a husband and brother in law who are inovative we were able to get it done.

The amazing lady herself

Holding up the Chestnuts

Roasting the Chestnut on a Open Fire



Yummy Chestnuts

The best part of living this song out is being able to do it with a bunch of great people. I have heard that whatever you are doing at midnight New Years is what you will be doing the rest of the year.  If that means I will be hanging out and having fun with a great group of people bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment